After accepting Islam, one must have the six basic beliefs or creeds as described below. These are also called the six pillars of Faith. without having these six main beliefs, a man should not considered a Muslim.
A Muslim must believe.
- Belief in Allah (God) – Believe Allah Almighty is One, Unique, Unlike His Creation, Perfect in every way; Not like or in His Creation.
- Belief in Angels – Are the creation of Allah, Made from light, follow Allah’s orders perfectly, never make mistakes and are never disobedient (devil is not a fallen angel in Islam).
- Belief in Books (Scriptures or God’s revealed books) – Torah (Old Testament), Suhoof (Scriptures of prophets), Zabur (Psalms), Enjil (Evangel or New Testament), Quran (Recitation to Muhammad)
- Belief in the Prophets (Messengers of Allah) – Adam, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, Moses, David, Solomon, Jesus, Muhammad, and others mentioned in Books, peace be upon them all. All are the Prophets and Messengers of Allah.
- Belief in Resurrection after death – All people, believers and disbelievers will be resurrected for Judgment Day in real flesh and blood bodies to be judged.
- Divine Destiny – Allah has complete control of all that happens, both good and evil and He has full knowledge of it all.